MLB-MLBPA Youth Development Foundation (YDF) is a joint initiative by Major League Baseball and the Players Association to support efforts that focus on improving the caliber, effectiveness and availability of amateur baseball and softball programs across the United States and internationally. From local-based programs to the Hank Aaron Invitational and HBCU Swingman Classic, the foundation helps make youth baseball and softball more accessible – creating economic opportunities, strengthening communities, and building character – on and off the field.
- Ken Griffey, Jr., Senior Advisor to the Commissioner of Baseball | Hall of Famer
- Jean Lee Batrus, Executive Director, MLB-MLBPA
- Diana Braverman, SVP, Controller, MLB
- Chris Brumm, SVP & Head Counsel, MLB
- Ben Freedman, Coordinator, MLB-MLBPA
- Julia Gaffin, VP & Deputy General Counsel, MLB
- Kasey Sanossian, VP & Deputy General Counsel, MLB
- Maggie Sullivan, Senior Coordinator, MLB-MLBPA
Board of Directors, Co-Presidents
- Leonor Colon, Managing Director, International & Domestic Player Operations, MLBPA
- Tony Reagins, Chief Baseball Development Officer, MLB
Board of Directors
- Jeff Fannell, President, Jeff Fannell & Associates, MLBPA
- David James, VP, Baseball & Softball Development, MLB
- Xavier James, Chief Operating Officer, MLBPA
- Barbara McHugh, SVP, Audience Development & Marketing Operations, MLB
- Paul Mifsud, VP, Head Baseball Operations Counsel, MLB
- Karin Timpone, EVP, Chief Marketing Officer, MLB
- Dave Winfield, Special Advisor to the Executive Director, MLBPA | Hall of Famer
Baseball Tomorrow Fund History
During the 1999 World Series, the MLB and MLBPA announced its $10 million commitment that began the Baseball Tomorrow Fund. For nearly 20 years, the Baseball Tomorrow Fund supported field lighting, field renovation, players equipment and uniform projects.
In 2018, the Baseball Tomorrow Fund joined the MLB-MLBPA Youth Development Foundation to broaden efforts to increase participation in and expand access to baseball and softball. Currently all grantmaking activities are operated by the MLB-MLBPA Youth Development. There are no longer grants provided by the Baseball Tomorrow Fund.
Youth Development Foundation in the News
- March 23, 2023: Popular Municipal Grant Opportunities for March 2023
- January 17, 2023: MLB Works to Build a New Generation of Black American Players
- October 20, 2022: The New York Yankees Forgo Last Names on the Back of Their Jerseys — Why?
- July 11, 2022: Most Popular Municipal Grant Opportunities July 2022
- August 17, 2021: KGJ is still trying to make baseball cool
- August 16, 2021: Leading Organizations Endorse Children’s Bill of Rights in Sports